AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline UI crashes when turning screen off / on. Ubuntu 20.04 onward

Deadline UI crashes when turning screen on / off / on. Ubuntu 20.04 onward.

Install deadline, launch a monitor and a worker. Turn you screen off, then back one and voila. The UI would have crashed. It’s 100% reproducible.

I installed it on 20.04 and every single version since then, same results.

Only the ui is affected, the software itself keeps running. But you can’t launch the UI again until the kill the previously launch app.

this is the easiest bug to reproduce… anyone looked into it? All you have to do is install deadline on ubuntu, launch the deadline monitor, turn off your actual, physical monitor, turn it back on and see how the deadline monitor, or any deadline app gui will have vanished.

How does one get some staff attention here?

Your best bet at this point will be to contact Thinkbox Support directly. Depending on the urgency, you could email or call them. Sorry I cannot be of more help regarding the issue.

Just a heads up, this is a community forum, not really “official support”. While the Thinkbox staff does drop in now and then, it’s mostly just fellow users here. :slight_smile:

If you do end up getting this resolved through official support channels, always appreciate a follow up on what the solution was.

1 Like

I appreciate the reply, can’t understand the benefit of closed door bug submission versus forum…
I’ll fire an email and for sure will post the outcome here.

Here’s what I see in the terminal after turning the screen back on:

QBackingStore::flush() called for QWidgetWindow(0x2d12f70, name = “DeadlineSlaveWindow”) which does not have a handle.
QBackingStore::flush() called for QWidgetWindow(0x2d12f70, name = “DeadlineSlaveWindow”) which does not have a handle.

this behavior no longer happens on 22.04LTS.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences