AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline Update Query

Hi all,

I wanted to see if we could test some features of more recent versions of Deadline in our studio, but I can’t update the Repository as we’re currently version locked and in the middle of production.

I was hoping to test an updated version of the client side installation but I was wondering if I might see any problems arise from using an updated version of the Deadline Slave on an older version of the Repository.

Currently running Deadline 10.0.16.6

This should work.

We just recently did the same thing, our production repo was 10.0.20.2 and we updated some of the slaves to 10.0.26.0

Please make sure that you have automatic updates switched off under both client settings and Auto configuration, otherwise the slaves will downgrade them selves.

The other thing you could do is setup a dev repo, where both the repo and the slaves are running the new version, then use the transfer job tool to move jobs over for testing.

Hope this helps.
Kym

Cheers for that. That’s good to know. Not sure we have the resources for a dev Repository but I’d definitely be interested in setting something like that up.

The simplest way you could setup a dev repo, is to install the repository on your local workstation.
then *aquire some slaves from your current farm and point them to your workstation.

we simply setup a small vm, that we install the repo onto for testing. 4 cores, 2gb ram.
we do not have allot of things hitting it, so its not a big deal.

Hope this helps.
Kym

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences