AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadline VMX with EC2

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum.

I’ve just using VMX with EC2 and I’m get this submission result

As you can see i’m trying a maya test, but not sure what this means?

Help would be much appreciate :smiley:

Thanks, Michael

Hi all,

An update to my post. In the job setting there’s this.

So I’m assuming my file is to large to be uploaded to the cloud?

If I store the file locally will i have problems? (yes)

I also have a question about the repository options balancer setting I can’t find the maya balancer in the setting?

Once again any help would be much appreciate :unamused:

Hi Luminous,

I suspect this error is the result of networking issue between your local computer an your repository in the cloud. The file size shouldn’t matter.

Can you tell me more about your configuration: Have you set up a VPN between your local system and your cloud network? Can you file-browse the repository from your local system? What is the outbound bandwidth of your local internet connection?

Hi Coulter,

Thanks for you’re reply.

Yes, VPN was install and running, but I was not able to find the app file to check setting ? I’m assuming that is then not configured correctly.

I can only find VPN in icon? After shut or restart I can’t connect to VPN or find how to start it?

Have I miss a config step?

Tried to open Deadline Cloud Wizard Restart OpenVPN, but get this message.

Deadline Cloud Wizard Restart OpenVPN.PNG

Hi luminous,

It’s possible you’ve found a bug in our Cloud Wizard for AWS. We’ll double-check this. In the mean time, you may want to log into AWS via their web interface and shut down any running VM instances to save money. You can always turn them back on again later.

Have you you successfully run the Cloud Wizard? Is this the first time you’e tried to reconnect? Are you attempting to modify the Cloud Wizard installation into a production-usable installation? If you are trying to set up a production installation, we have some in-progress documentation that I can send you that may help. Just send me a private message with your e-mail and I’ll get you the doc.

We can also set up a remote session if needed to help diagnose and resolve the issues are seeing.

Hi Coulter,

Yes, thats correct first time setup worked and upload started, but I had to stop upload. I the try to reconnect unsuccessfully and then I tried a re-install, but had same problems.

I think a remote session would be extremely helpful. Please let a convent time.

Thanks, Michae

I have your e-mail address now, so we can coordinate from there.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences