AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

deadlinecommand returns values for non-existent slaves'

If you run this for a slave that doesnt exist:

“c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline6\bin\deadlinecommand.exe” GetSlaveSetting vcpro1014-secondary Enabled

It returns True.
For slaves that don’t exist, the default ‘enabled’ status should probably be False (we use this to query whether we need to start those slaves or not… since it returns true for these, now it autostarts the slaves, and thus creates them.)

This is a side effect of how new slaves are assigned default slave settings. When a new slave connects for the first time, it doesn’t even have a settings object in the database. The default settings (Enabled=True, empty pools and groups, etc) is used until actual settings are set in the Monitor and saved for that slave.

So the behavior you’re seeing is because every slave that doesn’t have a settings object (including non-existing slaves) gets a default settings object.

Perhaps we could just add a “SlaveExists” command instead?

Cheers,
Ryan

That works for me as well. I’ve got to say, i am still really hoping for a native python API for deadline. Using the commandline is a really unintuitive and extremely slow way of doing this (doing 4 queries about whether slaves are enabled takes 10 seconds…) :\

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences