AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

DeadlineCommand, Submission to Fusion

Updated to 10.0.26 and am going through getting Fusion submitter customized a little bit. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this submission script.

It seems the script queries deadline repo for multiple pieces of data every single time you run the script. I think this is terribly wasteful. These pieces of data do not change that often.

I’d be interested in seeing an example of this script being updated where it remembers the settings for all of the pieces of data for all subsequent submissions after the first one.

It seems the dialog box queries for ReopPath, Group, Pool, Secondary Pool, Limit Groups, at the very least. Each time it does query a command prompt window pops up and down which is annoying in addition to inefficient.

I would love to see this optimized to remember these settings in the comp metadata for future submissions.

Anyone have any experience doing this sort of customization?

I’ve modified our Fusion submitter to have certain hard coded items, like pool, group and priority. But left all the normal junk in there.

It’s a pretty straight forward, and short script though, if you’re inclined to make your own json loader or whatever you have in mind. You can also tweak the system call for deadlinecommand.exe to hide the output window, if that’s your main cause of annoyance.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences