AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Deadling Houdini Simulation Caching

Hi all, I recently installed Deadline on a single machine and I’m trying to render a flip simulation in Houdini 17.5. My ROP context has Fetch nodes that have dependencies so that they cache out Node by Node based on the hierarchy.

I noticed there was a similar thread on this forum here - Houdini Submission DL9 "fetch" handling

And i’m wondering how I can pass this on to Deadline to render. I have tried unticking ‘Frame dependant’ but that doesn’t seem to work

Any help on this matter would be appreciated!

Regards

Hey Nouhad

Thanks for reaching out. I talked to one of our dev team members on this. We handle fetch nodes as output. If that’s what you are looking for, then you would need to have at least Deadline 10.0.17.

I 'm not very familiar with the nodes and how they output. Can you explain more like what should we add in order to make this workflow working?

Thanks
Zain

Hi Zainali,

Not to sure if OP answered your question.
For me, I would set up all the Fetch Nodes to file cache out the simulations (DOP Networks, Geo, Point data, bgeo.sc) and then have the Deadline ROP at the end of the tree.
Ideally I want to tell Deadline that it is not to render out image frames but to cache out the simulation work only.

If you have further questions please send them my way.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences