AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Documentation for Deadline.Scripting.JobUtils?

Hi, I’m looking for some documentation on the JobUtils.GetOutputFilename method. But when I went to the docs for Deadline.Scripting.JobUtils it looked like a bunch of placeholder text. Can anyone from Thinkbox point me to the proper documentation?

Anyone got an answer to this? Kind of on a time crunch and need some support.

My understanding is that the function is undocumented for some reason. I found a forum post from 2010 stating so.

Can you please explain what information you are looking for (argument list, return values, something else), so I can ask the team for details, or even peek into Git to see what the code does.

public static string GetOutputFilename( int index, int fileIndex )

Gets the output filename for the selected job at the specified index.

index: The selected jobs index.
fileIndex: The output filename index for the job.

In other words, if you are writing a Monitor script, and you have 10 Jobs selected, the first argument will define which of them you want to query. The second argument is which of the outputs you want to know.

There is a related function GetOutputFilenameCount(index) that returns the total number of output files in the indexed job.

1 Like

Thanks. But I have two other questions.

1. The MayaBatch jobs aren’t returning anything. Do you know why that would be?

2. Neverminded, you answered that already.

If you look at the Job Properties > Submission Params, does the Job Info contain any OutputDirectoryX and OutputFilenameX entries?

It looks like the Maya job is missing an “output frame” parameter. Notice that the Modo job has one.

Here is the Job Properties for the MayaBatch job:

Here is one for a Modo job:

That explains it. The function tries to combine the OutputDirectory0 with OutputFilename0, if one of them is missing, it will not return anything.

Are you submitting using the Integrated Maya submitter? Can you provide a screenshot of the UI so I can see all the settings?

Note that the Monitor submitter only asks for the Directory override, but does not know what the filename will be, so it does not include the OutputFilename0, only the OutputDirectory0. This is because we have no knowledge what the Maya output was set to in the scene file.
Thus, the function cannot resolve the full output filename, just the directory. The Task right-click menu lets you Explore Output, but does not let you View Output.

1 Like

Ah I see. That’s what I expected. So we’re using a custom submitter. I could probably add a filename to OutputFilename0 in that.

Thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences