AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Draft Change Job Output

Hello, I was hoping for a sanity check. This could also go in Deadline, but I figure it’s a more common issue to run into within the context of Draft. I’d like to change job output settings on a job and have the monitor reflect those changes.

We use Draft to drive various movie creations for different pipelines, and the repo > Configure Event Plugins > DraftEventPlugin > Draft Output Folder has become too limiting.

I can obviously just output my files wherever I want inside the Draft script, which I am doing, but I’d like to get Deadline to update the location so that we can use the convenient “open job output” utilities within the monitor/repo.

Here’s what I’ve come up with so far

• using DeadlineCommand to SetJobSetting and update OutputFileNames, nothing happens.
  • Checking if the python API has any functionality to perform this, looks like no.
  • I COULD submit with the proper output if I submit a standalone draft, but the majority of our drafts are fired from a separate job completing, and it seems there’s no way to pass that information to Deadline via any “DraftOutput” type of arg. (Is there a list of Draft specific job args that Deadline is “listening” for when it fires off a jobcompletion Draft?)
  • Deadline scripting API has “RepositoryUtils.UpdateJobOutputFileNames” which looks like it would work, but is the only way to really interface with that through creating a custom event?

Am I missing something straightforward? Ideally I’d like to be able to perform this upon parent job submission, or within the context of the Draft script. If not, I guess I’ll create a standalone event on the side and do a bunch of conditionals to intercept draft jobs and change their outputs via the repositoryutils.

Thanks!!
-Kyle

Are you creating the Draft submission via QuickDraft (within the submitter)? That uses the same outFolder and outFile as the “parent” job. If you click on “Pipeline Tools” in the integrated submitter, it should pop up the Draft tool UI.

Or did you want to create the Draft submission programmatically?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences