AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Draft Job Candidates wrong?

Hi,

i just noticed that Draft seems to ignore some machines as candidates compared to the original job that the Draft job is dependent on.
The ‘main’ Nuke job lists one more machine as candidate in the Slave panel with the ‘Job Candidate Filter’ being active.
I attached screenshots of all five different jobs of the whole batch so you can see where it sees which machines as a candidate. The machine that’s missing in the QuickDraft jobs is ‘cell-ws-19’.
This is with Deadline 7.2.0.10.

Cheers,
Holger
draft_candidates.zip (1.49 MB)

There will be a Pool and Group of slaves that will be set up to take Draft jobs. The Draft job will be given to a slave that is in that Pool/Group. In the Deadline Monitor, go to:
Tools > Configure Events >Draft

From there you can modify which machines will be available to pick up Draft jobs. Does that work in your case?

Hi Conrad,

well… it’s not that it’s not working for me. It just looked like a bug to me.
In the Draft configuration i have neither a pool nor a group set. So i assume that it will consider any/all machines as candidates for a Draft job and not less machines than the Nuke job itself (which had pool=None, group=nuke). I also just checked and the Draft jobs seem to inherit the setting for pool and group from the parent Nuke job. So they should list the same machines as candidates, no? What also seems a bit odd is that the ‘Shotgun Filmstrip’ and ‘Shotgun H264 Movie’ jobs do consider machine ‘cell-ws-19’ as a candidate but the two ‘Quick Draft’ jobs don’t.

Cheers,
Holger

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences