AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Draft notifications

I have made a draft event that makes movies of Nuke comps as they complete.

They also get framestamped, and copied to several locations on our network and it all work great.

What i need is for every draft job to have the same notification email address added by default, but i cant find any documentation on how to do this.

The email notification system is setup and working through deadline, but i need every draft job to automatically include the same email address.

Any ideas?

thanks
M

This should be very simple to do at submission time of the Draft Jobs, since it sounds like you’re already doing a custom job submission. You just need to add a NotificationEmails entry in your Job Options submission file, and add the email(s) you want notified (see our docs here for details.)

Let me know if you have any further questions about this!

Cheers,
Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that - but i’m still having a little trouble.

I’ve added the line writer.WriteLine( "NotificationEmails=email@here") to the DraftSubmission.py script and it works fine for new draft jobs that i submit though the monitor, but it dosesnt work for my automated ones.

At the moment we submit our Nuke jobs to deadline from within Nuke and once they complete, a Draft job is created that automatically makes approval movies from the output.
Its these automated draft jobs that need the notification emails.

But the automated draft jobs don’t use the DraftSubmission.py script.

If i add it to my

Ignore that - it dawned on me while i was typing.

I just needed to add it to the draft event handler and it works fine.

Thanks for the point in the right direction!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences