AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Draft to encode Primary Output Only

Is there a way to stop Draft from encoding all the render elements?

We really just need a preview of the RGB rendered channel, but it currently puts in a job for each rendered element…

Thanks

Could you post more details on which method you’re using to submit the Draft job(s), and what version of Deadline you’re using? Thanks!

Unfortunately, the Draft event plugin currently just creates one job for each output. The only way to control that would be to submit separate jobs to Deadline – one which only renders RGB (and creates a Draft job), and another for the other channels (without Draft).

We’ll probably eventually look into allowing you to select which output(s) will spawn Draft jobs, but our current roadmap is pretty busy so I’m not sure that it will be any time soon, unfortunately.

You could modify the Draft event plugin so that it doesn’t process each output for the job. In \your\repository\events\Draft, open Draft.py in a text editor. You’ll see code that gets the outputs and loops over each output:

outputDirectories = job.JobOutputDirectories
            outputFilenames = job.JobOutputFileNames

if len(outputFilenames) == 0:
                raise Exception( "ERROR: Could not find an output path in Job properties; No Draft job will be created." )

# Submit a Draft job for each output sequence.
            for i in range( 0, len(outputFilenames) ):

If you only want to process output “0”, which is typically the RGB, you could do something line this:

outputDirectories = job.JobOutputDirectories
            outputFilenames = job.JobOutputFileNames

if len(outputFilenames) == 0:
                raise Exception( "ERROR: Could not find an output path in Job properties; No Draft job will be created." )

# Set these arrays to only contain the first output directory and filename.
            outputDirectories = outputDirectories[0:1]
            outputFilenames = outputFilenames[0:1]

# Submit a Draft job for each output sequence.
            for i in range( 0, len(outputFilenames) ):

This isn’t tested, but I think it should do the trick.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences