AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Email configuration

Hi Guys

I’m having some issues configuring mail settings in this version. Part of this may be a bug, or perhaps a flaw in the logic for this dialog.

Problem 1
With the settings as shown in the attached screen capture, when trying to send a test email, I get ‘Cannot send email because the Server is blank’. I’m not clear what this is referring to, because the SMTP Server field certainly isn’t blank, and is a valid name for the server.

Problem 2
On other internal systems, we generally set the internal mail server address as .wb.local. On the other hand, user’s email addresses are generally in the form @woodsbagot.com. Therefore I suspect that email postfixes shouldn’t necessarily be based on a substring of the SMTP server name. I understand we can set user email addresses per user, so this isn’t a big problem.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Fergus

Hi Fergus,

Problem 1:

Thanks for reporting this! We were able to reproduce, and the problem happens if the email settings haven’t been previously saved (the Test button uses the previously saved data, not the data currently in the UI). We will get this fixed in the next release candidate. If all of your settings are correct, you can just press OK to save them, then reopen the Repository Options to test.

Problem 2:

You can work around this by enabling the Automatically Generate Email Addresses for New Users at the bottom of the Primary SMTP Server tab (see your screen shot). In the text field, you would enter woodsbagot.com instead of wb.local.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences