AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error installing AWS Portal - "cannot be complete while an infrastructure is running"

Hi,

I almost had everything setup with AWS Portal, and had already launched an infrastructure, but the server we were installing on was maxing out CPU, so we had to abandon that one and install on another machine.

However, now I can’t install the AWS Portal (via AWSPortalLink .exe windows installer) because it says there’s already an infrastructure running.
Well, we did launch an infrastructure, but it’s not showing up in the AWS Portal panel in Monitor anymore. I’m not quite sure why. So I went ahead and manually deleted everything in the AWS Cloudformation. It took some emptying of buckets etc, but I got it all removed.
The installer keeps giving me the same error.

I can only assume that the repository has some record of this infrastructure that no longer exists and won’t let me proceed any further.
Is there any way to get past this?
Will I need to get into the MongoDB, find it and remove it?
Is there a command line parameter that I can pass the installer to force it to ignore the warning?

This is really frustrating and there’s no obvious fix.
We were hoping to be rendering in the cloud by now. We were so close, but scuttled by an under-specced machine at the home stretch.

Hey David,

You might consider submitting this to Thinkbox Support directly if you haven’t already. Depending on the urgency, you could either email or call them. AWS Portal has a lot of components and setup can be tricky. It’s no surprise to have to reach out to support at least once during initial deployment. Once it’s setup though, it’s a slick system. Sorry I cannot be of more help on this.

If you do end up getting this resolved through official support channels, always appreciate a follow up on what the solution was here. This is a community forum, not really “official support”. And while the Thinkbox staff does drop in now and then, it’s mostly just fellow users here. :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences