AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error loading Deadline Job File

Hi,

For most of our Draft submissions I would prefer to refer back to the Deadline job to find the “shotname” (the name of the Deadline job), instead of using the “entity” field (or an extra arg of some sort).

I’ve followed the guides to load up a Deadline Job File, but I keep getting errors:

Now, in all the cases where this happens, the folder exists, but not the file that Python is looking for. In the case of the path above, the folder exists but contains no files. Other times, it may contain a script file or other dependency.

Are there any settings within Deadline itself that I need to tweak? Or is this maybe a throwback to a function no longer offered?

Failing that, is there an API in place for going straight to the Mongo DB for this info?

On a side note it would also be handy if the Draft parameters contained more of the “Job Info Parameters”. Although some of them double up, it would definitely solve the problem I’m having in my simple scenario :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Daniel

Hey Daniel,

Yeah, that’s a remnant of the way things used to be done in Deadline 5 – we definitely should remove that or update it to use something different.

Since the Draft script isn’t run in the Deadline environment, you can’t use any of the .NET integration hooks, but you should be able to use our standalone python API: http://www.thinkboxsoftware.com/deadline-6-scriptingpythonapi/#Standalone_Python_API

Note that you’ll have to run Pulse for this to work, if you’re not already. You won’t need to worry about installing a separate install of Python or copying the API to site-packages on the blades, since the Draft plugin uses the Python install we ship with Deadline already. You should just need to add ‘[path to your repository]/api/python/Deadline’ to Deadline’s Additional Python Search Paths. Depending on which version of Deadline you’re running, you may also need to tweak your Draft plugin slightly for it to properly inherit the search paths from Deadline, as I describe in this other thread.

Let me know if you have any questions, or run into any problems!

Cheers,
Jon

Thanks for that Jon,

Sounds good! I don’t actually have Pulse running that the moment, and for the time it will take us to get someone to open up the firewall on those ports, I think I’ll be better off hacking around this issues instead.

For the time being, I think we can accomplish what we need to by modifying the submitter scripts. All I’m really interested in are the Job Name (which I’m sure we can auto fill in the ‘entity’ box upon submission), user name (same deal) and the source file from Houdini/Maya/Max. For the latter, I’m thinking that there might be a way to submit a hidden argument to the plugin somewhere, but if not we can just stick it in the extra args area I guess.

I’m sure you didn’t need to know any of that, but at least now you do :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Daniel

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences