AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Error: RenderTask: Unexpected exception - Octane Render 2023.1 - 1403

Hi I’m getting the next error log only when I used the new Octane Render 2023.1. I hope it helps and you can help me to get this solved as soon as possible:

> Error: RenderTask: Unexpected exception (Exception caught in 3ds max: – Syntax error: at …, expected

Without more of the task report it’s impossible to say what’s going wrong. It looks like there’s an issue in a maxscript you’re using, so maybe remove anything you’ve recently added to the pipeline as a test?

To see if the issue is caused by Deadline, check out this guide on isolating the render from Deadline.

Hi @Justin_B, I’m attaching the log from deadline. Sorry for the late reply on this, I was in hurry with many projects and I just revert to previous Octane Render version that worked fine to submit to Deadline. I hope hear news soon!

Kind regards…

deadline_log.zip (5.5 KB)

Here I’m attaching another log using 3ds max 2024 and the latest version of the plugin of Octane Render 2023.1.2 - 1409 and as the previous one, I’m unable to get things done successfully!

Job_2024-02-24_20-38-32_65daa8295436f5ee6e76ba25.zip (5.7 KB)

Hi again,

I’m attaching a new log, this time I was trying to submit using Deadline Monitor and seems it works well, with this I’m assuming that the problem comes from the 3ds max submitter. I hope have news soon because not having the ability to send from 3ds max UI, I have to spend more time submit jobs from Monitor.

Kind regards…

Job_2024-02-24_20-55-26_65daac1f5436f5ee6e76ba2a.zip (7.3 KB)

Did you have a chance to go through the troubleshooting guide to see if you can re-create the failure outside of Deadline?

Given it works when submitted via the Monitor submitter, and the error is about a syntax issue is there maybe a pre-render script that’s set in the failing jobs and not in the successful ones?

You can compare the jobs that have been created by double clicking them in the Monitor and going to ‘Submission Params’. Those two files are what make a job a job in Deadline. And since one submitter makes working jobs and one doesn’t, the difference in those files is the solution to the issue.

Greetings
I seem to be having having the same issue as above. The scene does render fine locally on the worker machine “dfc-peter”.
Attached is the error report:
deadline-error.py (106.5 KB)

3dsmax 2024.2.1 update
OctaneRender 2023.1 - 14.03
Deadline Client Version: 10.3.2.1 Release (1a66fe40f)
Repository Version: 10.3.2.1

cheers~
~p

It looks like this is a 3dsmax 2024 submitter issue as i am able to launch manually from monitor.
This is not ideal as we use many of the functions in the submitter including state sets for our workflows.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
~p

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences