AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

errors importing Draft

import Draft
ImportError: libavformat.so.55: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

we have ffmpeg installed…

Hi there!

What you need to do is to set the following environment variables:

PYTHONPATH=/your/path/to/Draft
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/your/path/to/Draft
MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH= /your/path/to/Draft

I suppose you already set your PYTHONPATH. Note that the above is valid on Linux.

Let us know if you need assistance setting those environment variables.

Kind regards,

Julie

ok thanks,

yes I’m on linux.

Now it complains instead about a missing python2.7 lib - but if I try running python2.7 I get a different error…

[rupert@vfx01ldnlinux Desktop]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}:/mnt/deadlinerepository/draft/Linux/64bit/
[rupert@vfx01ldnlinux Desktop]$ export MAGICK_CONFIGURE_PATH=/mnt/deadlinerepository/draft/Linux/64bit/
[rupert@vfx01ldnlinux Desktop]$ export PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/mnt/deadlinerepository/draft/Linux/64bit/
[rupert@vfx01ldnlinux Desktop]$ python
Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Jan 22 2014, 09:42:36)
[GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4)] on linux2
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

import Draft
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
ImportError: libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[rupert@vfx01ldnlinux Desktop]$ python2.7
Python 2.7.5 (default, Aug 28 2014, 15:37:07)
[GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4)] on linux2
Type “help”, “copyright”, “credits” or “license” for more information.

import Draft
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
ImportError: /mnt/deadlinerepository/draft/Linux/64bit/Draft.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_AsWideChar

Hi!

I believe what you need to do here is to run Python 2.7.8 instead of Python 2.7.5. (Python 2.7.8 comes with Deadline7 and should be found in /opt/Thinkbox/Deadline7/bin/).

The following link might explain why you are getting the error message when running Python 2.7.5:

docs.python.org/2/faq/extending … nicodeucs2

This should fix your problem. If not, please let us know.

Thanks!

Julie

Ok,

thanks for the info.

I am seeing python 2.7.5 in /opt/Thinkbox/Deadline7/bin/

will look at updating to the latest deadline version now…

In Deadline 7.1, we replaced the dpython symlink in the Deadline bin folder with a shell script that sets up the environment prior to calling the “real” dpython. I was actually discussing this topic on another thread this morning: viewtopic.php?f=206&t=13206

So what you’re likely seeing is that dpython is loading your system python libraries instead of the ones that are shipped with Deadline. If you upgrade to 7.1, and reinstall the Deadline Client on this machine, dpython should then be the correct version.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences