AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Executing Remote Command as Admin (Windows)

Hi,

I’d like to copy a config file from a network share to an installation directory in C:/Program Files/… across a number of machines using “Execute Command” or a Commandline maintenance job.

Copying a file to C:/ requires admin rights and my batch file fails. Is it possible to run a command with elevated privileges through Deadline?
UAC is currently enabled on the slaves - would disabling allow this to work properly?

I realise this is more of a Windows question but perhaps someone has done this before?

I don’t have an answer to your question, but have you made sure the app in question isn’t configured to look for an override config file somewhere more user-friendly? C:\ProgramData for system wide and C:\Users\<user>\AppData for per-user changes are pretty common choices.

If you need to go ahead with elevated permissions, I suppose you’d either need to run the Deadline Launcher elevated (since it in turn launches the deadlinecommand?), or somehow request elevation which will likely involve a user having to indicate acceptance.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences