AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Exit Repository install while connecting to existing MongoDB

Happy New Year,

I am new to linux (Linux Mint 20 “Ulyana” - Cinnamon (64-bit)) and trying to connect the MongoDB inside the Deadline Repository installer.

I followed the deadline documentation on installing the Database.

after a long exhausting way of getting the Deadline10db.service run I am now inside the Repository installer.

I started the installer with:
ws@ws-MS-7A38:/mnt/raid/NAS/Incoming$ sudo ./DeadlineRepository-10.1.12.1-linux-x64-installer.run

set the Repository Directory to
/mnt/raid/NAS/Thinkbox/DeadlineRepository10

chose connect to an existing DB

Whitin the MongoDB Database Settings I tried
Database Server
ws-MS-7A38;127.0.1.1, ws-MS-7A38;127.0.0.1 and localhost
Database Port
27100 is also set in the config.conf
Database Name
DeadlineDatabase10

Next, unchecked use SSL - Forward

and after all that, when trying to connect to the DB I get the following Error Message:

There has been an error.
An error occurred while trying to update database settings in the repository.
The application will exit now.

Is there a logfile somewhere? What can I do now?

Some additional info:
ws@ws-MS-7A38:~$ ps aux | grep mongo ws 35891 0.1 0.4 506940 70592 ? Sl 17:05 0:00 xed /opt/Thinkbox/DeadlineDatabase10/mongo/data/config.conf root 36060 0.3 0.4 381772 69120 ? Sl 17:10 0:00 /opt/Thinkbox/DeadlineDatabase10/mongo/application/bin/mongod --config /opt/Thinkbox/DeadlineDatabase10/mongo/data/config.conf ws 36114 0.0 0.0 9368 660 pts/1 S+ 17:11 0:00 grep --color=auto mongo

journalctl -u Deadline10db:
Jan 03 17:10:30 ws-MS-7A38 Deadline10db[36054]: The MongoDB Service For Deadline 10 has been started. Jan 03 17:10:30 ws-MS-7A38 systemd[1]: Started LSB: Mongo DB NoSQL Database..

I found the installation log:

Log started 01/03/2021 at 20:20:12
Preferred installation mode : gtk
Trying to init installer in mode gtk
Mode gtk successfully initialized
This can take a few minutes
Configuring database (this may take a few minutes)
Executing /tmp/repoinstalltemp/deadlinecommand.exe -ConfigureDatabase "localhost" "27100" "DeadlineDatabase10" "0" "" "" "0" "" "" "" "false"
Script exit code: 0

Script output:
 Database successfully configured!
---------------------------------
 Database Type: MongoDB
   Hostname(s): localhost
 Database Name: DeadlineDatabase10
          Port: 27100
      Port Alt: -1
   SSL Enabled: False
  Authenticate: False
     User Name: 
      Password: 
   Replica Set: 
      Split DB: False
       Version: 10

Script stderr:

Executing /tmp/repoinstalltemp/deadlinecommand.exe RunCommandForRepository Direct "/mnt/raid/NAS/Thinkbox/DeadlineRepository10;" IsSecretsManagementEnabled
Script exit code: 1

Script output:
 The specified repository path (/mnt/raid/NAS/Thinkbox/DeadlineRepository10) does not contain the necessary database connection settings file.

There may be a network issue, or a valid repository has not been installed at this location. If one has not yet setup a repository, it is possible to do so using the repository installer included in the installation files.

Script stderr:
 child process exited abnormally

An error occurred while trying to update database settings in the repository.

If one has not yet setup a repository, it is possible to do so using the repository installer included in the installation files.

I am using the repository installer…

Okay, it’s working now. The solution was very … dumb.

I installed the repository with a new MongoDB on my windows C:\ drive.
Copied the Repository folder onto my Linux network drive.
Deinstalled the Windows repository.

Run the the linux installer on the linux machine install and install the Repository over the copied repository and connect with a previous installed Linux mongoDB.

Facing exactly the same issue, trying to install repository on mounted Elastic Filesystem Share and DocumentDB within AWS.

Linux installer bug?

We are having the same problem here! Can’t install the latest 10.1.13.2 or 10.1.13.1 repo while connecting to an existing DB. Throws up that same error. The installer works fine on the current version 10.1.9.2.

Thinkbox - is there any update on this? We need to update our Deadline this weekend but the installers won’t work…

Hi @alexyork

Which OS are you trying to install the Deadline?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences