AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

file output_base path

Hey guys! I’ve got a small annoying problem. I would really like to change the standart output path for my Krakatoa caches but I don’t know how? I’m pretty sure this is a stupid question and I’m missing something.

I’ll buy a beer to anyone who can help me :slight_smile:

Turns out the ability to specify the base path which was available in earlier Krakatoa MY versions was removed because of path remapping issues when submitting Deadline jobs in a mixed environment (Windows/Linux).

We agree that the ability to override the Project path and save anywhere should be available and we are looking into bringing it back.

Right now, you could open the script “KMY2PRT_Saver.mel” found in your Krakatoa installation \ Maya version folder \ Scripts subfolder. Locate and modify the function

// Gets the folder to place particle files in global proc string getOutputFolder () { string $outputBaseFolder = `workspace -q -fn`; $outputBaseFolder = $outputBaseFolder + "/PRT/"; return $outputBaseFolder; }
to return the path you would like to save to.

If we get this changed internally in the next few days, we might post our updated version.
EDIT: It took 8 minutes to post the update! Behold the Power Of Free Beer!

I need a beer, so I will actually fix the script for you!

Background: We used to allow a user-settable path, then we changed it to a Maya project-relative path. The reason we changed it was because Deadline needed it to be project-relative to properly support submitting over Deadline.

If you replace your script file in C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Krakatoa Maya\Maya2014_x64\scripts\ (or wherever it is located)
With the attached unzipped file, you will see the base-path has been re-enabled.

Note that this may cause problems when submitting over Deadline on cross windows/linux renders. But for locally, it should work fine.
KMY2PRT_Saver.zip (12.4 KB)

yeah!!! Thats great :smiley:
Thanks a lot, for your fast fix! Next time I’m in Canada I’ll stop by to bring you the beer :wink:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences