AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Files in /var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline6/slaves?

I have a bunch of .ini files in /var/lib/Thinkbox/Deadline6/slaves (on my workstation), and I have no idea why. They have names of other machines, and there seem to be two for each machine.

ws-033.ini ws-033.luma.ini ws-034.ini ws-034.luma.ini ws-035.ini ws-035.luma.ini ...
Any idea what these are?

In previous versions of Deadline 6, there was a bug when sending remote commands from the Monitor. Basically, if the Monitor couldn’t resolve the remote machine, the remote command could get sent back to your own machine. So if you were trying to start slaves, it could try to start slaves with those names on your machine, which would result in these ini files being created.

The ini files themselves represent the individual slave instances that are configured to run on your machine (and probably show up in your Launcher’s menu). You can simply delete these files to get rid of these “extra” instances.

Cheers,
Ryan

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. So 6.2 should no longer be creating these files, correct?

Right. They will still get created if you are actually configuring multiple instances on your machine, but they should no longer get created “accidentally”.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences