AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Font failure?

This might be user error because I’ve never tried using Deadline to submit After Effects comps before, but one of my machines is throwing out an error that has to do with fonts:

Error in PreRenderTasks: Access to the path ‘C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\BIGLOG__.TTF’ is denied. (System.UnauthorizedAccessException)
at FranticX.IO.Directory2.SynchronizeFiles(String[] sourceFiles, String destDirectory, Boolean skipExisting)

I’m running 6.2.1.40R

The font in question is there but it’s not part of the comp and I don’t think Deadline would be using it - it looks like a handwritten decorative font.

Any ideas?

Paul

Hey Paul,

It’s a permission issue during font synchronization. Our online docs have a section on this that should hopefully help:
thinkboxsoftware.com/deadlin … ronization

Cheers,
Ryan

Thanks!

It might be cool if the installer was smart enough to know if it was on a Vista or newer machine and would default to what works.

-Paul

The local font path is set in the AE plugin, which is installed by the Repository installer, and it’s not possible for the repository installer to know which OS the slaves will be running on. :wink:

That’s why we made the local sync folder configurable.

Cheers,
Ryan

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences