AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Frame padding in shotgun submitter not working for RV

Hi,

we have an issue playing image sequences with RV that were submitted through Deadline’s shotgun submitter. Although the new Deadline 7.1 allows to set the character being used for the path in the shotgun field, we still can’t get it to work the way we’d like to. We manually tried different combinations to see if it solves the issue but with no luck. The path that is being entered by Deadline is the following:

Y:/hmt/key_057_010/comp/hmt_key_057_010_comp_v011_mw/2880x1620_exr/hmt_key_057_010_comp_v011_mw.#######.exr

When trying to play it with RV from shotgun’s right-click menu we get the following error message in RV (v6.2.2, 64-bit, Windows 7 Pro):

INFO: loaded shotgun config module 'shotgun_fields_config_standard' (C:/Program Files/Tweak/RV/plugins/Mu/shotgun_fields_config_standard.mu) INFO: using shotgun server 'https://celluloid.shotgunstudio.com' INFO: using shotgun server 'https://celluloid.shotgunstudio.com' WARNING: missing frameIn (sg_cut_in) field, assuming '1' WARNING: missing frameOut (sg_cut_out) field, assuming '114' ERROR: Version 10276 has no media! ERROR: No files in sequence Y:/hmt/key_057_010/comp/hmt_key_057_010_comp_v011_mw/2880x1620_exr/hmt_key_057_010_comp_v011_mw.#######.exr (0)

When using ‘@@@@@@@’ instead of ‘#######’ it works. This is of course not preferred as some other applications don’t deal with this path properly. Using ‘%07d’ also works.

I personally prefer the printf notation anyway. So do you think there’s a way to implement this into Deadline’s shotgun submitter as well as an option? Or is there maybe some other solution to this that doesn’t need a Deadline update? Or is it rather an RV bug?

Best regards,
Holger

Hello,

I answered on your ticket and once an answer is available we will share it here.

Hi Dwight,

i see you guys added this in 7.2.0.7.
I tried this but somehow it does not work as expected. I was hoping that it would be kind of a ‘smart’ solution that detects the actual number of digits used for the frame padding and then either use ‘%04d’, ‘%06d’, etc. dpending on that. As it is right now it will use the string with whatever number is used in the shotgun Event Plugin config. The problem is when there are outputs from different packages/users that use different paddings the information in the ‘path to frames’ field in shotgun will be wrong. Is there any chance you guys implement this in a way that it will use the correct number depending on the padding used in the job’s output?

Cheers,
Holger

Hello Holger,

I think the devs would love to hear about this in the beta forums, as that is what they monitor most closely, and it might help them see the kind of functionality you are looking for while the beta is still ongoing.

Cheers,

Hi Dwight,

thanks. I did open a new thread - which is also pointing to this one - here:

https://forums.thinkboxsoftware.com/viewtopic.php?f=205&t=13599

Cheers,
Holger

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences