AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Frost and vray motion blur problem on network rendering

Hi,

I have a simple particle flow with frost meshing it. When I render motion blur on frost locally it works correctly but when i render it on my render farm with vray 3 3ds max 2015 frost 1.4, the result is very different and distorted. Any idea what may cause this?

Thank you for your report! I have reproduced this problem, and I will look into it.

ok great thank

If you need a workaround, you could:

1. Save the particles using Krakatoa
  2. Load the saved particles using a Krakatoa PRT Loader
  3. Change Frost to use the PRT Loader instead of the original Particle Flow system

Here is a tutorial on how to save and load particles using Krakatoa. The free version of Krakatoa will work fine for this.

Ok thanks Paul for the workaround I will try this.

I have geometry instances on my pflow. Spheres that gradually scale down over time. When I save and load with krakatoa I see only dots. How can I keep the instanced goemetry?

You cannot “save the instances”, but you should be able to instance custom geometry (or just default spheres) using Frost. Also make sure you are saving the Scale channel, then check the “Use Radius Channel” option in Frost to apply the scaling. Note that non-uniform scaling is not supported yet.

ok thanks

Was this issue fixed in 1.4.3? I don’t think I can use the work around at the moment.

thanks,

V Miller

No, unfortunately we have not fixed this yet.

May I ask why you can’t use the workaround? Please note that it will work fine using the free evaluation version of Krakatoa.

I was able to use the work around after all. I wasn’t sure I was going to have the time to do so.

thanks,

V Miller

Great, I’m happy to hear that! Thank you for letting us know.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences