AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Frost getting rebuilt when hidden

Hello guys,
Right now Frost is getting rebuilt on current frame change, scene close and render close even when it’s hidden. Would be cool if hiding disables it.

Thanks!

We were under the impression that this was fixed with Nitrous since 2012, but it is also highly dependent on Max’ reference system - some dependencies might exist that force an update of a hidden object. Your best bet is to turn it off in viewport / renderer using the dedicated checkboxes.

Can you provide the build number and probably describe what you are meshing?

Another thing - it rebuilds less when the object is hidden, and more when the object’s layer is hidden.

Max is 16.0 SP2, Frost is 1.3.6.51279.

If you are still looking for solution, You may try my animBoost.
I added support for Frost.

cganimator.com/animboost

I was told animboost was not required anymore in max 2015. but I think it is. It’s a great piece of software!

Aha, that’s very interesting, I’ll try it! Also, might do a callback to set the build in viewport option to off when hidden.

Glacierise, did you find a workaround for this, I always have to turn off “show in viewport” before hiding a frost object to prevent rebuilding. You were talking about a callback? What is that?

Nope, I still turn it off manually. I meant a callback that toggles ‘off in viewport’ when it gets hidden, but i never got around to writing it.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences