AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Frost Materials

hey, im having some more free time so im trying find how we could use frost in a production pipeline,

im mostly focusing my work on Thinking particles,
almoust everything looks good when combining with frost, but
i can’t figure how to make a simple connection from particle age to actual particle color (like vertex color or anything)

when using PF its quite simple to make vertex color for frost, but when using TP it doesnt work at all,

am i missing something?
or the only way is to cache particles with krakatoa and then play with magmaflow? i would like to avoid that :slight_smile:

To control Frost’s vertex color using Thinking Particles, create a Point3 data channel named Color.

Next, set the new Color data channel to the desired value. (Off hand I’m not sure how to access a particle’s age in Thinking Particles. Is that the part that’s causing problems?)

To view Frost’s vertex color in the viewport, select the Frost node, and open the Edit -> Object Properties… menu. Check the “Vertex Channel Display” checkbox under “Display Properties”, and press OK.

oh, thanks paul, that was what i needed:)

i was messing with Color data channel (tp can export that) but frost couln’t handle it - says its 64 bit and Color can be 32bit:)

messing with particle age is an easy part

Great, thank you for letting us know!

That sounds like a bug. If you get a chance, could you please let us know how to reproduce this problem? You can contact us over these forums or by using our ticket system.

That sounds like a bug. If you get a chance, could you please let us know how to reproduce this problem? You can contact us over these forums or by using our ticket system.
[/quote]
im trying to recreate that but seems like it works now,
the same with point3 and color channel, will try digging more,

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences