AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Frost Py

A standalone python based [similar to SR] version of frost is going to open in beta in a few weeks.
please respond here if you are interested in testing, and one of us can add you to the list.

cb

What’s the input going to be, PRT’s? It’s something we might be interested in. As with Krakatoa SR, we’re probably going to want to know if there’s going to be a C/C++ implementation.

• Chad

The current work-in-progress implementation supports:

Input:

• Krakatoa .prt
  • RealFlow .bin
  • Text .csv

Output:

• XMesh .xmesh
  • WaveFront .obj

I am very interested to hear if you need some other input or output format.

Thanks, I’ll make a note of that. We have not looked into such an implementation yet.

So in theory one could write a Realflow exporter for this? (not that I am about to try)

BTW nice Westfalia Chris, I know a guy up in Wyoming that likes to drop 6 cylinder Subaru engines in them, makes um prrr!

You’re thinking of exporting directly from RealFlow to an .xmesh file sequence, without writing the particles to disk?

Nah they would be written to disk. Always write to disk :slight_smile:

Just thinking out loud… xmesh straight out of rf could be useful. Only about how it may be useful.

I’m in for sure!

So with Frost Py will be able to choose export channels exclusions? Specifically just color and textureCoords. I vaguely asked about this in another thread, thought I would see what possibility it has here.

Yes, currently Frost Py uses an explicit list of channels that you want to include in the output mesh.

Oh good!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences