AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

FROST!

those new frost blog post are sexy. I like the car mesh and the spirals! neat!

Keep in mind that these are just teasers showing mostly various side effects of using Frost :slight_smile:
There has been little about the actual features and workflows, these will be coming up when the product is released…

yeah i was noticed how they were applications and not direct features, can’t wait. I know you guys have been working hard at this one.

and props too this is the most solid beta software I have ever tested.

Bobo would you mind, if you have any kind of free time, making up a quick video tut on scripting the spirals? I would love to learn more about rotations :slight_smile: Even in box#3 the only thing I have ever gotten to work is a quat. I can never get a properly functioning Euler or quat in a script op.

If you look on the TBS page, I posted the flow.
Here are the two Script Operators used:

Script: Random Angle:

on ChannelsUsed pCont do (
pCont.useTime = true
pCont.useFloat = true
)

on Init pCont do ( )

on Proceed pCont do  (
	count = pCont.NumParticles()
	for i in 1 to count do 	( --for each particle, store a random value between -20 and 20 in the Float channel
		pCont.particleIndex = i
		pCont.particleFloat = (pCont.rand11())*20.0
	)
)

on Release pCont do ( )[/code]

Script : Rotate Speed

[code]on ChannelsUsed pCont do (
pCont.useTime = true
pCont.useSpeed = true
pCont.useFloat = true
pCont.useAge = true
)
on Init pCont do ( )
on Proceed pCont do (
	count = pCont.NumParticles()
	for i in 1 to count do 	( --for each particle, rotate the speed about X using the random Float times the Age factor
		pCont.particleIndex = i
		pCont.particleSpeed = pCont.particleSpeed * (rotateXMatrix (pCont.particleFloat*(pCont.particleAge.frame+1)/100))
	)
)
on Release pCont do ( )

I see! Thanks :slight_smile: I saw the flow and tried to use my wonder twin powers to see into the script operator and since I don’t have a twin it proved to be quite difficult and Max (my dog, yes his name really is Max) wasn’t taking too kindly to me trying to put a wonder twin power ring in his paw.

Matrices, I should have guessed, so no quats or eulers (directly anyway). They are all based around the X-axis too, ha, I hadn’t noticed. So a series of if/thens could be used to determine which axis to rotate about, would that be convoluted? Or is there a better way?

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences