AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

General questions about advanced Deadline functions

Hi !

I wanted to ask some general questions on some of the features in Deadline. I want to ask these before I go through the long process of installation and licensing.

1. Does Deadline feature a tool so that we can configure slaves to transfer files between other slaves. I wanted to ask this because there would be bandwidth and drive controller limitations if the data for jobs all had to come from a single network drive or from the master controller’s drives. Is something like that possible and easily accomplished?

2. Is there an advanced Load Balancing option such that if a slave becomes idle in the middle of a job, and another slave is still rendering part of the same task, a certain number of frames to be rendered from the active slave can be transferred to the idle slave so the idle slave can do work and not remain idle.

3. If Deadline does not have inherent support for the item above, can it be developed?

4. In regards to the licensing server, does the machine that runs the licensing server have to be connected to the internet?

Shameless bump
Please help, thanks.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences