AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Getting incorrect velocities from pflow

Howdy,

Sorry I keep bothering you Bobo! But I noticed something very strange while using stoke. I don’t think stoke is reading the correct velocities from a specific pflow setup. Can you please take a look?

Just re-sim the stoke object it should take a second. :slight_smile:

It’s seems as if the velocities are inverting from from whats actually going on. The boxes at the beginning frames are being pushed backwards.

To see the correctly velocities turn off the mp switch and mp world. Re sim stoke and everything looks correct! It seems when combining the lockbond/mp switch (speed checked) Stoke doesn’t like that!

Thanks,
Nickolay
MParticles_Stoke_Test.max (256 KB)

No problem, it’s my job (and pleasure) to debug stuff! I learn a lot from it, too… :slight_smile:

It has been reported before that using mParticles can cause strange effects.
Thankfully, the workaround is rather simple - just drop a Cache Disk operator in the PF Source (“Mparticles_Forklift”) node, switch to Viewport/Render mode and cache to disk. Then simulate in Stoke (or render in Krakatoa) and the results should match your expectations.

At this point it is assumed that this is a problem with mParticles itself and we cannot do anything about it, but it has been logged as a known problem on our side.

Haha sweet! Thanks again, I’ll give that a go!

Edit: Yep that worked Beautifully!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences