AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

GlobalJobPreLoad not executing using local DEADLINE_CUSTOM_PATH

Hi,

I’m working on some custom plugins, locally, using the DEADLINE_CUSTOM_PATH and everything was working as expected, except for the GlobalJobPreLoad.py that is not executed at all.
Did i miss something from the docs ?

For now, as a workaround, I’m copying/pasting my common logic into each plugin’s JobPreLoad.py…please, help ^^

Sebastien C. @ Fortiche

1 Like

Same issue here. I’m setting it at a User environment variable on both the submitting machine and the worker and it’s still picking up the network custom folder over the local path. Monitor does pick up the local path when opened. Modifying the cached GlobalJobPreLoad.py to print the value of DEADLINE_CUSTOM_PATH shows that the path is set correctly (at least by the time it runs GlobalJobPreLoad)

Hello @Sebastien_COURTOIS

Thanks for reaching out, do you have GlobalJobPreLoad.py file saved in your custom path\plugins\ folder and referring that path as DEADLINE_CUSTOM_PATH EV ? Location of file referring here is similar to "C:\DeadlineRepository10\plugins\GlobalAssetTransferPreLoad.py" in repository as example.

For Workaround, Instead of doing copy/paste of common logic in to each plugin’s JobPreLoad.py file , did you try creating python file for common logic and import that in app plugin files ?

Thanks!

Hello @Nreddy ,

Indeed, now that I’m done with my prototyping, I will consider that way better workaround. Thanks !

Here’s my local setup:

Eventually, I gave up using that DEADLINE_CUSTOM_PATH and ended up creating my own local repository.

Thanks

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences