AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Hidden Frost Updates when modifing source geometry

When using geometry to fuel a hidden frost object it tend to update the frost object when I modify it’s source geometry.
Is this still normal?

A while ago I read something about it that it cannot always be prevented that a hidden frost object updates, but thought it was something of the past.
Would it maybe be an option to add a ‘break source link’ check box that would temporarily remove the source objects from Frost until it’s checked again?

As it’s slightly annoying to push ‘esc’ with each translation/scale action one takes to change the source object while frost is hidden :slight_smile:

Thank you for your report!

I assume you are using Geometry meshing, and changing one of the objects in the Particle Geometry -> Custom Geometry list?

What version of Frost are you using? You can check this in Frost’s Help rollout.

What version of 3ds Max are you using? (For example, 3ds Max 2014?)

What Display Driver are you using in 3ds Max? (For example, Nitrous? You can check this by going to Customize menu -> Preferences… In the dialog that appears, switch to the Viewports tab, and see what is listed in the “Display Drivers” box.)

Would it be possible for you to please send us a scene file that reproduces this problem? You can send us files by using our ticket system. You may need to ZIP the file to get it through.

I’ve made a support ticket under the ‘general’ section as there seemed not to be a frost section :slight_smile:

All info is in there incl. a stripped max file.
Prior there were some PRT loaders with realflow liquid in it aswel.
The stripped scene still caused the same bug.

thanks!

Got it, thank you! I have reproduced the problem, and I will look into it.

I should mention that the most reliable way to disable Frost is by unchecking “Enable in Viewport” in Frost’s Meshing rollout.

actually I do this most of the times, but it’s not 100% solid either i noticed.

Actually the hiding works well with only particle emitters, but after adding the geometry I didn’t think to check those settings to be honest :slight_smile:

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences