AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini 16.5 GPU affinity between multiple Slaves

one more thing. I am also trying to overwrite the affinity as I have 2 slave on the same machine with 4 cards and want to set 2 cards for each. The thing is when I am overwrite the affiliation for one slave it changes the settings for the other. How would I correctly chose 2 different cards for each slave?

That sounds very unusual. Are you saying that when you change the checkboxes for affinity on the default Slave it also changes it for “-gpu_2_3”?

Yes this is precisely what happens. I have created the first default slave. Then created a new one with the same name but adding at the end gpu_2_3 I can send you some pictrues if you need me with the steps I made.

That’d be great! Also I should know what exact version of Deadline your on so I can reproduce over here. This is the first time I think I’ve seen this.

I am using

and I took a few shots when changing the affinities hope you will understand. I am just trying to prove that if I change on one slave the affinities it will change on the second and the other way around

Huh. The GPU affinity definitely works differently than I’d expected. It seems that the UI overrides all Slaves from that UI… I’ve produced a little video that I’ll pass onto the dev team. I’ve also opened an issue asking for the ability to select specific Slaves or “all” if that’s what you’re after.

I think for the time being, if you set the GPU affinity by right-clicking the Slaves in the Slave panel you should be able to get where you need to be.

1 Like

This did the trick ! thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences