AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini (17.0.352) integrated submitter sticky settings Error

So we updated to DL 10.1.2.2 from 10.0.28 and I’m in the process of testing out our submission scripts in the new DL version.

edit: Workstation OS this was tested in is Windows 10

Could not write sticky settings
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "//REPO/deadline10/custom/submission/Houdini/Main\SubmitHoudiniToDeadline.py", line 182, in WriteStickySettings
    config = ConfigParser.ConfigParser()
NameError: global name 'ConfigParser' is not defined

That’s because in line 171 (in original submitter) the library is called as ConfigParser but it’s imported as configparser.

so the fix for that is :

try:
    import configparser as ConfigParser

instead of

try:
    import configparser

But that gets me:

Writing sticky settings...
Could not write sticky settings
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "REPO/deadline10/custom/submission/Houdini/Main\SubmitHoudiniToDeadline.py", line 186, in WriteStickySettings
    SaveStickyProp( config, stickyProp )
  File "//REPO/deadline10/custom/submission/Houdini/Main\SubmitHoudiniToDeadline.py", line 175, in SaveStickyProp
    config.set( "Sticky", stickyProp, dialog.value( stickyProp + ".val" ) )
  File "C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\backports\configparser\__init__.py", line 1261, in set
    _, option, value = self._validate_value_types(option=option, value=value)
  File "C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python27\site-packages\backports\configparser\__init__.py", line 1244, in _validate_value_types
    raise TypeError("option values must be strings")
TypeError: option values must be strings

There’s nothing in our custom code that’s messing with that, so I think the problem should also be in the original submitter.
But it’s not really more than annoyance as the submission still works. We just can’t save sticky settings.

I’ll see if I have later some time to look into that little deeper.

Well, the solution was pretty simple.

in line 171 of SubmitHoudiniToDeadline.py, SaveStickyProp function was hanging up on at least job priority number.
So just added str() string conversion around the dialog value, and that fixed it.

def SaveStickyProp( config, stickyProp ):
    global dialog
    config.set( "Sticky", stickyProp, str(dialog.value( stickyProp + ".val" )) )
1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences