AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini 19 Support

sure guys, sorry for delay i was busy these days

or

just make sure when you replace the files to set the houdini19 path in deadline monitor/configure plugins

2 Likes

Thanks bazuka, you are a :star:

Anybody had any luck getting the Deadline ROP to work with dependencies?

Here is a patch that should fix ROP submission. Sorry that some unrelated changes seeped through in the patch - the ones changing how the Version is submitted.
houdini19.zip (2.9 KB)

I have tried everything suggested in tread but still getting a error when trying to submit to Deadline.

Here is the error
(Traceback (most recent call last):
File “Driver/deadline/dl_Submit”, line 1, in
File “C:/PROGRA~1/SIDEEF~1/HOUDIN~1.383/houdini/python3.7libs\hou.py”, line 49346, in getattr
return hou.HDAModule___getattr_(self, name)
AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘SubmitToDeadline’)

Any Ideas?

I’m not familiar this file type…where do you put houdini.diff . What were unrelated changes?
Thanks

This is due to your modules not being structured correctly. What DL version is the submitter installed from?

This is a patch. There are various tools to apply it on top of your code (in Windows too, not just UNIX). You might have to adjust the file paths at the top to make it work.

We have many changes in the submitter, and it would not make sense to share it here in its entirety, thus offering a patch. I will try to prepare a “clean” version of the py3 update and share it here.

The submitter was installed from DL 10.1.19.4. Everything still works fine in 18.5.

Yes 18.5 uses python 2 by default, so the submitter would still work.

Hey, could someone please explain in a bit more detail the steps required to get this to work, please? I have updated the .parm file, so Houdini v19 shows up in the repo, but I still get this error when rendering:

2021-12-21 18:03:16:  0: STDOUT: Unable to locate 'CallDeadlineCommand.py', please ensure your Deadline ROP installation is correct.

I downloaded the .diff file and I can see the various changes, but it’s not so straight fwd to go through… someone’s actual working SubmitHoudiniToDeadlineFunctions.py would be handy.

the error you are getting is related to py, so you are missing inside h19 py folder the deadline scripts…

you should have in your \houdini19.0\python3.7libs\CallDeadlineCommand.py, if you dont have it then you have to copy it from the ver of houdini that submitter works

hope i didnt got you confused

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I have this python3.7libs CallDeadline file in our master library, but now I get:

FailRenderException : Error: Caught exception: The attempted operation failed.
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)
  File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\chuck\plugins\61c22ec3cc76a515807448a5\Houdini.py", line 453, in HandleStdoutError
    self.FailRender(self.GetRegexMatch(1))
   at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)
   at __FranticX_Processes_ManagedProcess_StdoutHandlerDelegateDispatcher.Invoke()
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.RegexHandlerCallback.CallFunction()
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.e(String di, Boolean dj)
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.Execute(Boolean waitForExit)
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.DoRenderTasks()
   at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(Task task, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)
   at Deadline.Plugins.PluginWrapper.RenderTasks(Task task, String& outMessage, AbortLevel& abortLevel)

Any idea what edits need to happen to the Houdini.py ?

hm trying to understand what happen, can you tell me when this is an error when you submit the job, or when the job is on deadline?

Sure.

I can submit fine. However, this error is in the logs after about 45 seconds of trying to render. Then it fails.

strange error the 453 line is related to progress msg…

self.SetStatusMessage( “Progress: " + str(overallProgress) + " %” )

got one more question are you using h py3 or py2?

Ok, hmm, good question. I didn’t actually install it myself, so I’m not sure. It sounds liek you’re onto something though! Let me see if I can find out what copy of Houdini was installed. Ok, I just checked. It was the Python3 version! (houdini-19.0.455-win64-vc142.exe)

I’ll try this python 2 one instead: houdini-py2-19.0.455-win64-vc142.exe

Damn, same error in the py2 version:

FailRenderException : Error: Caught exception: The attempted operation failed.
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.FailRender(String message) (Python.Runtime.PythonException)
  File "C:\ProgramData\Thinkbox\Deadline10\workers\Bombadil-b\plugins\61c34654527ca43d5cfb16f8\Houdini.py", line 453, in HandleStdoutError
    self.FailRender(self.GetRegexMatch(1))
   at Python.Runtime.Dispatcher.Dispatch(ArrayList args)
   at __FranticX_Processes_ManagedProcess_StdoutHandlerDelegateDispatcher.Invoke()
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.RegexHandlerCallback.CallFunction()
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.e(String di, Boolean dj)
   at FranticX.Processes.ManagedProcess.Execute(Boolean waitForExit)
   at Deadline.Plugins.DeadlinePlugin.DoRenderTasks()

(PS it renders in 18.5 fine)

We have been having this message, and I figured out the actual message does not get printed, because it is on the following line after “The attempted operation failed.”
The way to get the error is to run the same command as deadline in your terminal (adjusting scene paths, etc.).
This error stems from some problem with the scene.

Unfortunately the StdoutHandler only works on lines, and I cannot think of a solution to print the next lines. There is functionality to print the previous lines, though.

Ok, thanks for the info everyone

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences