AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini Engine UBL -- which version of H19?

I forgot that the AWS Thinkbox Marketplace Houdini Engine does not list which version of Houdini it supports for licensing.

Does anyone know if it supports Houdini 19.5.x ? I’m guessing “no” since it is not officially supported in DL 1.10.23.6 yet…

Just trying to plan out licensing for an upcoming project – if we can purchase UBL or if we have to go the BYOL route.

thanks!

1 Like

Hello!
UBL should work for Houdini 19.5 as I have checked internally. Feel free to run a test with Houdini 19.5 and UBLs.

If you run into any issue, feel free to share the render logs here on the thread or submit a ticket to us.

3 Likes

Hi Karpreet,

Thanks for the info. We were going to test today; total fortuitous timing!

TY!
J.

Yep. All working as expected. Thanks again!

How did you manage to create a working image with H19.5?

Hello,

Did you mean a working AMI with DL 10.1.23.6 and H19.5.x ?

If you use one of Thinkbox Deadline Worker base images (we use linux), then you can update/install the nvidia driver and then install H19.5.303, etc.

If you are using H19.5 with the py39 libs, please follow what Anthony has already posted:

Oh, and if you’re using the ROP, remember to copy the HoudiniSubmitter (the Deadline.hda is in there) to the AMI if it is not in a centralized location that the cloud node can find.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences