AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Houdini Wedge ROP Not working

Hey everyone, I’ve read some other posts on the forum about the wedge rop but I’m running into another issue. No matter what values I put in for my wedge I keep getting the following with no images getting spit out.

2018-09-12 18:40:13:  2: STDOUT: Rendering wedge 1 for frame 3
2018-09-12 18:40:13:  2: STDOUT: Errors: Requested wedge 3 greater than total wedges 3.
2018-09-12 18:40:13:  2: STDOUT: Finished Rendering

Any ideas on what is going wrong here?

Hey James,

What Deadline version are you on? I believe this particular issue in the ROP submitter was fixed in Deadline 10.0.14, but we also had a seemingly related fix for wedges in 10.0.18. As of this post, the latest release is Deadline 10.0.20. Can you confirm if you’re on a version that should have these fixes?

If you do upgrade, you’ll have to redo submission again from the ROP submitter. Let me know how this goes!

Cheers

1 Like

Are you talking about the Deadline ROP or the Houdini Wedge ROP?
Is it possible to submit jobs using the Deadline ROP with a Wedge as input?
Right now I am submitting from the menu pane.
I will check and make sure all of our clients are updated.

Thanks

Oops, sorry. My mind must have meandered when I read ROP. Wedges should work with both the menu and the Deadline ROP. I’ve edited my above post to not be so specific as to which one.

Great thanks!
Can confirm that slaves with 10.0.20.x are now working.
Much appreciated.

I am running into issues with the Houdini wedge rop again.
Running Houdini 17.0.352.
I keep getting the following error no matter what nodes are plugged into the wedge.
2019-01-09 00:14:12: 0: STDOUT: Error: Caught exception: [' File "/home/svcthirdeyeadmin/Thinkbox/Deadline10/slave/c1-n047-43-b/plugins/5c353c497228ea35ffb53ab2/hrender_dl.py", line 214, in <module>\n renderNode.parm("f1").set(startFrame)\n', "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set'\n"]

Still having this issue.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences