AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

How to change machine name from modify job properties

At job submit, in submission params, I find machine name is XYZ but XYZ is disabled. How to change XYZ to ABC.

I tried Find render candidate and that too does not reflect changes in “submission params”.
Should the job be resubmitted for these changes to take effect. If not, what is the way ?

Thank you

You need to call RepositoryUtils.SaveJob(job) at the end for the changes to take effect.

Thank you for your prompt reply @mois.moshev , I am doing this from the interface. Not from a script

You are talking about machine limit, right? If you mean MachineName, which is the machine that submitted, I don’t think this can be changed.

Sure. But their are times when delegated machine is disabled and the artist is waiting endless. What if, after changing machinename, I can resubmit job. Will it take new name or old machine name.

Also while at it, How does “Find render candidates” help/work. Is this only for viewing purpose ?

One of us is confused. The MachineName proeprty is the machine that submitted the job.
The Machine limit is the machines that are going to render (or not) the job. This second one can be modified at will.

1 Like

Hello @sinhurry

If you are talking about machine limit on a resubmit the same machine limit will apply to the resubmitted job.

Thank you. Got it. While at it, please explain “Find render candidates”. Is it only for view purpose and then go change the machinelimit to re route the job.

1 Like

Find Render Candidates” is only to view the render nodes that are able to render the Job and the list of render nodes that are unable to render the Job with the message indicating the reason for not able to render the Job. It is only for viewing purposes, no modifications cane be done on Find Render Candidates Panel.

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences