AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

I think I found a bug with evaluating variables

Hey,

You seem to have added some new code in the hrender_dl.py for Deadline 10.17.1.4 that breaks renders which use variables in the output path in the redshift node. (I updated from 10.1.3.6)

I now get this error:

2021-07-21 12:30:34: 0: STDOUT: Creating the output directory “//server/jobs/$GW_JOB/films/$GW_FILM/shots/$GW_SHOT/renders/$GW_ELEMENT/$OS/$GW_VERSION”
2021-07-21 12:30:34: 0: STDOUT: Failed to create output directory “//server/jobs/$GW_JOB/films/$GW_FILM/shots/$GW_SHOT/renders/$GW_ELEMENT/$OS/$GW_VERSION”. The path may be invalid or permissions may not be sufficient.
2021-07-21 12:30:34: 0: STDOUT: Error: Caught exception: [Error 5] Access is denied: ‘//server/jobs/$GW_JOB’

Whereas before these variables were evaluated… now they are not…

This is the extra code that I noticed you added:

# create the output directory
            output_folder = os.path.dirname(output)
            if not os.path.isdir(output_folder):
                try:
                    print( 'Creating the output directory "%s"' % output_folder )
                    os.makedirs(output_folder)
                except:
                    print( 'Failed to create output directory "%s". The path may be invalid or permissions may not be sufficient.' % output_folder )
                    raise
1 Like

Update: It’s not even needed… When I comment it out our renders go through without error.

Can you please remove this code from the next release? Because otherwise I have to remember to comment this out every time I update Deadline in our office…

Cheers

Thank you Shaun, this was an issue brought up in another thread, I’ll post your solution there

1 Like

So when output path is unevaluated string, it breaks obviously. Should be something like hou.expandString(output) to make sure variables are evaluated.

3 Likes

That looks like just the fix we need! I’ve added it to a file linked over here - Houdini/redshift, $HIP and $JOB paths no longer work - #10 by Justin_B

Thanks, I’ve got a bug report in with engineering to get this fixed.

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences