AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Improper Output Viewer regex.

I have an output:

“\EEEE\EEEEE\15018 EEE EEEEEE\Shots\PRVS\0010\Renders\ANIM\EEEEEE_PRVS_B07.02.0480.png”

But when I try to open it from the monitor it tries to open:

“\EEEE\EEEEE\15018 EEE EEEEEE\Shots\PRVS\0010\Renders\ANIM\EEEEEE_PRVS_B0.0480.png”

Sounds like the output path that is set by the submitter is incorrect (ie: it’s not including the .02 part).

Can you let us know:

1. Which version of Deadline.
  2. Which application you’re submitting the job from.

Also, would it be possible to upload an example scene that reproduces the problem?

Thanks!
Ryan

1. 7.1
  2. 3ds Max 2016 SMTD

The file is output correctly, it’s just the Monitor browsing path that is getting parsed incorrectly.

Hi Gavin,

Just taking a look into this issue and I’ve been unable to reproduce so far in my v7.2 working version, which has had a number of enhancements/fixes especially regarding monitor RC render output paths.

Just checking, this is for the main 3dsmax render output path, as returned by the maxscript command?:

rendOutputFilename

If so, I believe this is already fixed in my commit which should hopefully go into beta 1 of v7.2 next week’ish. As it’s not actually stopping rendering, I assume your happy to wait a few days till this new version is pushed out to the beta forum?

It’s only a problem for right clicking on a task and running the “View output” script.

Is this a task ‘script’ that you have written or are you referring to the built-in “view output”? If it’s the latter, then my test using v7.2 is working fine.

Here’s another wrinkle in the reproduction. The folder also has a . in it.

File >>
\AAA-BB\Working\15123 ABC Abcdefghijk\Shots\PRVS\0010\Renders\ANIM\C02.02\Abcdefghijk_ABCD_C02.02.2353.png

Deadline >>

\AAA-BB\Working\15123 ABC Abcdefghijk\Shots\PRVS\0010\Renders\ANIM\C02.02\Abcdefghijk_ABCD_C0.2353.png

EDIT: Although I see my original post didn’t… so maybe that’s not the cause. Maybe it’s working again in 7.2?

I’m pretty sure this is fixed in v7.2. Can you test once the beta starts? (Should be this week’ish).

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences