AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Katana 4 to 7 patch files

This won’t add support for new features, but will at least get Deadline to run the new executable.

There is an an in-depth explanation of this process in our knowledge base that uses a fictious version of Maya as an example if you want more detail on this process.

Copy the “DeadlineRepository10” in the attached archive over your existing DeadlineRepository10 directory. This will install the Katana patch files into the /custom directory. If there are issues you can remove the added files to roll back to the existing scripts.

Scripts taken from Deadline Client Version: 10.3.0.13.

The integrated submitter installer may not work - if it fails, refer to the manual installation steps

If you have any trouble let us know!

Deadline_for_katana_4-7.zip (8.3 MB)

1 Like

Thanks for this Karpreet.

The param file in the zip you supplied isn’t in its folder.

Also, don’t you need to have all the other files in the ‘custom’ folder, as Deadline reads everything in the custom folder as an override? Or does it work just on specific files also?

I just fixed the .zip file, uploaded the wrong one by mistake. It needed the whole folder contents with patch files, which is also fixed now.

1 Like

I am getting an error when opening the submitter tab in Katana 7. The error is below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “App/Tabs.py”, line 516, in CreateTab
File “App/KeyboardShortcutManager/KeyboardShortcutManagerMixin.py”, line 87, in call
File C:\Users\d\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\submitters\KatanaSubmitter\Tabs\DeadlineKatanaClient.py, line 34, in init
RunSubmitter(self)
File C:\Users\d\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\submitters\KatanaSubmitter\Tabs\DeadlineKatanaClient.py, line 81, in RunSubmitter
path = GetRepositoryPath(“submission/Katana/Main”)
File C:\Users\d\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline10\submitters\KatanaSubmitter\Tabs\DeadlineKatanaClient.py, line 76, in GetRepositoryPath
path = path.replace(\n,"").replace(\r,"")
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not ‘str’
[ERROR python.UI4.App.Tabs]: Error creating “Thinkbox/Submit To Deadline” tab: TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not ‘str’

It looks like you might not have installed the Katana submitter with the new files. Try copy the “D eadline_for_katana_4-7.zip\DeadlineRepository10\custom\submission\Katana\Client\DeadlineKatanaClient.py” to “DeadlineRepository10\submission\Katana\Client”. And try reinstalling the submitter following this documentation: (Katana — Deadline 10.3.2.1 documentation)

Hello Karpreet,

I reinstalled the custom plugin on the repo and on the client.
I have doubled check my installation. I think it is ok. I am still getting the same error as before.
Could it be a setting in my environment or a wrong python version installed on the system?
I am using katana 7.0v1.
If you guys can’t reproduce the error then i can setup a fresh formatted windows and try on that.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences