AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Krakatoa for MAx 2022

Is Krakatoa dead (i think so), or could we hope support for 2022?

1 Like

User should not “hope”.
What was the maintenance fee for?

As a frost user…no longer really sure…

They did recompile for 2020 last year. I suspect this will for 2021.

Max 2022 support? Would be nice before version 2023 is out…

Don’t dream too much,
We are still waiting Frost for MAx 2021, with proper Vray 4 (next) instacing , as for frost with Vray 5 support, max 2021.1, 2021.2, 2021.3, max 2022, 2022.1 are out, as VRay 5.1 update 1, 2 and 3…and we are still waiting (forever).

I don’t really blame the team, they got directives…it’s just sad to see amazing tools, unique, to fall into limbo…

MarcoA… I feel the same… Sad, but true :frowning:

Please, Thinkbox, update your plugins to work with Max 2022 - the complete silence is really damaging your (once) stellar reputation.

Stop Hoping, Thinkbox is dead, the only actively develloped (but slowly) tool , is deadline and dependencies…
I will not blame historical team behind thinkbox for this, wich provided us amazing and most of the time unfit tools over the years…
Now let’s just hope Deadline/draft will survive…at least few years…

Any update? If you don’t want to update, why not release as open source? or chance to buy source code?

1 Like

I kind of got the idea that they made Deadline free because its really the gateway for the AWS suite of cloud rendering options. And for Krakatoa and other tools I submitted a request and they got back to me and were very matter of fact that the development has to to with the amount of requests they get for the priority to move up to action status. So maybe encourage all of the users you know to send in requests and that could create a tipping point… They seemed like the demand has to be there for there to be urgency on the development side… which makes sense…I could be wrong…but thats the vibe I got…

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences