AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Krakatoa Problem during install

Hi

I want to install krakatoa 2.1.9 on my 3ds max 2017, but the installation process has cancelled and sends me the following message:

“Krakatoa MX 2.9 64bit setup wizard ended prematurely because of an error.”

I’ve not change de install path folder. Which is:
C:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Krakatoa MX
C:\Program Files (x86)\Thinkbox\LicenseTools
C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017

Have you any solution?

Thanks

Can you post your installer log here? It should be in your %temp% folder with a filename starting with “bitrock”.

I was just reminded that the Krakatoa installer comes as MSI files. Would you be wiling to follow the steps on this (unaffiliated) website? I haven’t done this before, but it would be a good first try. Here’s the excerpt:

msiexec /i "C:\MyPackage\Example.msi" /L*V "example.log"

If it doesn’t log anything, I’ll try over here and see what I can find out.

Here you can download my installer log:
krakatoa log

Took a look here. I’m guessing this may have something to do with the problem:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un appel. ---> System.ArgumentException: Aucune valeur n'existe avec le nom spécifié.
   à System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   à Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.DeleteValue(String name)
   à MaxPluginWixHelper.CustomActions.Remove3dsMaxPluginEntries(Session session)
   --- Fin de la trace de la pile d'exception interne ---
   à System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object parameters, Object arguments)
   à System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   à Microsoft.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.CustomActionProxy.InvokeCustomAction(Int32 sessionHandle, String entryPoint, IntPtr remotingDelegatePtr)
CustomAction DoMax2010Remove returned actual error code 1603 (note this may not be 100% accurate if translation happened inside sandbox)

Roughly translated, this is a key error. The call stack shows we’re trying to delete a registry value which I feel like I’ve seen before. C’est en Français, but it’s familar. I’ll have to check with the dev team whether that’s actually fatal (I’m not convinced it is) and if so, what the key could be. The fix may be to just manually make one.

Yes, my OS is in french.
Thank you for your attention. I wait for your next instructions.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences