AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Krakatoa PRT Saving and Partioning times increasing

Hi Guys,

Im working in Maya 2012 using the latest build of Krakatoa. Im getting this problem using the Krakatoa PRT Saving tool and using the deadline submission tool, my partioning times keep increasing with the frame count, Im wondering if I missed a setting.

http://imgur.com/BmR4Sw2

Hey Jan, It’s not entirely clear from your screenshot what is happening. Krakatoa should not normally behave the way you describe. Can you explain a little bit more about your scene:

1. What kind of particle source are you using?
  2. If it’s a Maya dynamics system, what frame does the simulation start on?
  3. In the “Krakatoa PRT Saving and Partitioning” UI, what is the “Frames To Save” setting (Scene range/render range/current frame).
  4. If it’s a range, what is the frame range you are using?
  5. What is the “Total Partition Count” setting?
  6. In the screenshot you sent, do each of those jobs represent single PRT files, or a partition sequence of PRT files that are being written?
  1. Maya NParticles, No cache on the particles
    2)Frames 1-200
    3)Scene Range 1-200
  2. 300
    6)Paritition Sequence of PRTs

I’ve done this setup so many times and never experienced these increasing partition times.

-Jan

Hi Conrad,

I created a fresh scene file, used a basic Nparticle emitter and sent it to our farm for partitioning.

This is from the slave log from deadline.

0: STDOUT: Target file: “Z:/data/diablo2/PROJECTS/XXXX/Asset_Projects/XXXXXXX/PRT//v001test//Particles_nParticleShape1_part012of100_0047.prt” has drive type: DRIVE_REMOTE
0: STDOUT: Set 1048576 write/compression buffer on file: C:\Users\render\AppData\Local\Temp\Particles_nParticleShape1_part012of100_0047.prt.a86f-f306-5c91-b51b.tmp

the fresh file also is exhibiting the same increasing partition times.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences