AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Level of detail

Hello!
I’m dealing with PFlow growing particles.
Each particle is a standard 20-faces sphere with animated scale.
During the growing process they differ in size by several orders of magnitude but the overall quantity of faces remains the same.
When I try to make metaballs using this particle source I have to increase resolution to an excessive level to keep small details visible.
Bigger particles are over-tesselated, smaller particles are simplified.
Is there a way to make the same level of detail for bigger and smaller metaballs(20-faces accuracy for all)?

Currently the Adaptive mode is based on the LARGEST radius, which means smaller detail can easily get lost. I assume you used Absolute meshing with very low values.
I wonder if we should add an option to use the smallest radius, with some min. radius clamping so it does not go down to 0.0…
It won’t change your results though, it will just adapt automatically instead of you having to dial in a small value. So it won’t make the meshing faster - we cannot really have different resolutions in different parts of the blob. Also, the faces of the spheres play no role if you are meshing the particles, only the Position + Scale/Size are used.

The Frost lead developer is on vacation this week, but I will log this as a Wish and we will discuss it.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences