I’m really struggling with yeti renders using Arnold standalone on our farm. I cannot seem to launch kick via the arnold standalone job submission and have yeti successfully pull a license.
With mayabatch this was easy. I just edited /usr/autodesk/maya2020/bin/maya with export peregrinel_LICENSE=port@ipAddress and away we go.
Our farm jobs are run under root. I have added my export command to a .sh to /etc/profile.d/ and when I restart I can log in as root and see the peregrinel_LICENSE variable when i query env.
But my nodes can’t find it. A pre-task script reveals a completely different set of environment variables:
I have no idea where this is coming from! If I did I could probably add my yeti to the mix and be in business.
If anyone can throw some light on this I would be most grateful.