AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Linux adn windows mixed farm, pathmapping kinda not working?

I have a weird case here.
I prepare scenes on Linux in Maya and redshift for rendering. All good. Submit to deadline with path mapping set properly.
All windwos machines report erro rthat scene acannot be find even tho in error log proper path is displayed, ie. mapped one.
Then I have to load that scene on any of the windows machines, just load and save on top of it again, and then it loads and works fine.
The same thing happens vice-versa. Prepare and submit from a windows machine, Linux machine can’t find the scene, I have just to simply load and save on top of it again and then it works.

Any idea what is happening here? It is really inconvenient and I don’t think this is how path mapping is supposed to work.

On the other side, does deadline by some chance sets up REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE along with path mapping as well?

To update… seems like after I loaded and saved one scene from the project now all others submitted do work as well so… what? :slight_smile:

Still wondering about that REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE,if deadline sets that automatically as well… have to test with some proxy but basically it should sort out any issues with path to textures stored in redshift proxy files to convert as well… so in theory pathmapping should be pushed to that override as well… more details about it:

REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE Added in version 2.5.61

A proxy file can contain references to other proxies, VDBs, textures, etc. If these assets are moved from their original folder locations, the proxy loader will fail to find them and load them. The REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE environment variable can point to a text file which is used to “translate” paths from a location to a different location. The text file should contain double-quote-enclosed pairs of strings. The first string of the pair is the “from” path and the second is the “to” path.

So, for example, if the environment variable is set to

REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE = C:\mypathoverrides.txt

… the file mypathoverrides.txt could contain the following, which helps to map from a local folder to some shared network location

"C:\MyTextures\" "\\MYSERVER01\Textures\"

"C:\MyVDBs\" "\\MYSERVER01\VDBs\"

REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_STRING Added in version 2.5.61

This is similar to REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE, except the environment variable itself contains the double-quote-delimited list of pairs. For example:

REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_STRING = "C:\MyTextures\" "\\MYSERVER01\Textures\" "C:\MyVDBs\" "\\MYSERVER01\VDBs\"

Please note that, if both REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE and REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_STRING environment variables are defined, REDSHIFT_PATHOVERRIDE_FILE takes precedence

1 Like
Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences