AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Long rendering time

Hi. Can you help me with my trouble. I use Deadline 5.2. We have 7 slaves in our net. When I render my scene on local machine, vray (2.0) renders it about 30 minutes. When I send my scene in deadline (few frames), each slave renders one frame 10 hrs! When I use only 2 slaves - it renders about 50 minutes. Can you tell me, my problem could be in my net speed maybe? Or I must look something else? And what are requirement to render net. We have 1GB/sec net. Our scenes contains many references. I would appreciate any advice.

What kind of storage are you using?

You could try collecting the file and rendering, or checking the render locally button so it renders to own disk and then copies the render to the network

Have you tried running the slave on your local machine to see how fast it renders with Deadline? On the flip side, have you tried doing a local render from a slave machine without using Deadline? I’m just curious if Deadline is the cause of the slowdown, or if it’s something to do with the slave machine. If you run both these tests and post your timings, that should give us an idea of where to look for the problem.

Thanks!

• Ryan

anthonygelatka, rrussell thank you for your replied. I am testing now all variants, and will post results here if it will be necessary. Thanks!

Hi everyone!
currently we have same problem in studio workstation, in one project\ shots- the render time is 17 min in maya render view so when we send it to deadline, the render time going up to 30 min, BTW we use in local network for both… please let me know and how we can solve this problem?

Thanks for advance!

Hi tohid, any more information about which version of maya, renderer and deadline you are using? are they the same OS? similar CPU? same network connection? any info from the log files?

have you tried the suggestion above from 7 years ago of running the render on the node without deadline?

we use maya 2018.4/5 and use cpu 7700k -os win 10 too

I’ve got to agree with @anthonygelatka on this one, could you try running the render on the render machine without using Deadline?

The troubleshooting guide here in the documentation is focused on sorting out an error, but it’ll show you how to run the render in the same way that Deadline does. We might be running it with different flags than you would use when running it yourself, so using that guide is really helpful.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences