AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Magma - ParticleSumRadius

I am trying to sample a particle system in order to get a density attribute (how many particles in a given unit). i plug my position in the particle input and the Lookup Point. i get an error asking for a geometry as input. I tried with ParticleSumCount and have the same problem. Any help would be good.
If I expose some channels like the color, would it return an average of the color found on the particles ?

// Error: Magma Expected an InputGeometry node:
ID: 5
Input Index: 0
Connected To ID: 3
Connected To Output Index: 0
Found Type: float32[3]
//

thanks

after some more investigation it seems like it’s not possible to check a point cloud over itself.
i’m trying to get the average position of the neighbors of the particles for each particle in my point cloud. Any idea ? thanks

// Error: Magma maya_magma_input_particles_node::compile_as_extension_type error: magma circular dependency detected. Path Found: PRTVolumeTransform_pCube2|PRTVolume_pCube1->PRTVolumeTransform_pCube2|PRTVolume_pCube1:
ID: 1
Property Name: particleName

everything work fine if I check my point cloud over a copy of itself. Is there any way to do that with only one point cloud ? to check each particle of one point cloud over its neighbors
thanks for your time

This is a known limitation of the current implementation in both Krakatoa versions (KMX and KMY). It is on the Wish List for future Magma improvements. Using a PRT Loader with a copy of the same particles is the current workaround.
The ParticleSumRadius was mainly introduced to sample other (proxy) particle systems and acquire their values. But we understand where you are coming from and will look into this eventually.

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences