AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

MAX24 VRay6 ACES

I am having an issue where I render local with ACES set as default in MAX color management, vray auto sets to use MAX preferences. Renders and saves fine local.

When I send the same file to deadline to the same workstation, my workstation, it renders with no errors but with the wrong color space from the start.

The only thing I see about OCIO is this and its not clear to me what exactly it means

024-04-03 11:39:19: 0: STDOUT: [OpenColorIO Info]: All parameters could not be used to create the menu: Found no color space using app categories. Categories have been ignored since they matched no color spaces.
2024-04-03 11:39:19: 0: STDOUT: [OpenColorIO Info]: All parameters could not be used to create the menu: Found no color space using app categories. Categories have been ignored since they matched no color spaces.
2024-04-03 11:39:19: 0: STDOUT: [OpenColorIO Info]: All parameters could not be used to create the menu: Found no color space using app categories. Categories have been ignored since they matched no color spaces.

Also if you can output the full worker log in a text file and upload it.
I may be able to see something somewhere else to help you.
But the first thing I would do.

Check OCIO Environment Variable

Make sure the OCIO environment variable on your system is set correctly and points to the right configuration file. You can check and set environment variables in the System Properties > Environment Variables on Windows.

Ok thanks. Checking with Chaos as well.

I was thinking since you can set ACES in MAX24/25 as default color space now and VRay auto sets to it when you do there would be no need to still set environment variables on every machine still. If MAX is already set and using it I assumed renders would simply use that.

Dumb question, how do I upload a log, cannot post it, too long and upload seems to only want image formats.

You will need to ZIP the file

Job_2024-04-08_13-50-11_66142e537402f9f9c489eb8a.zip (11.5 KB)

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences