AWS Thinkbox Discussion Forums

Maya Pipeline Tools Draft Annotation Error

Hi,

I am unable to launch the Editor, I get the error in the image:

[attachment=0]DraftAnnotationsError.PNG[/attachment]

Running V8.1.5.5, let me know if I can provide more info?

Thanks!

Same thing running in Nuke too, I was curious so went and tested it.

Hi, thanks for reporting the problem! We haven’t been able to reproduce the problem on our end yet. However, we are in the process of tracking down where this issue might be occurring and will reply once we have more information for you.

Hey Rob,
I have not been able to reproduce this on my end. I have a quick test that I would like to run if possible that should be able to get me more information though. Would you be able to open one of the monitor submitters that has access to draft (for example houdini) and try openning the annotation ui from there. This should hopefully print some additional information to the console (which can be opened through view ->new panel -> Console). If you could post here the information that is printed we should be able to narrow this down.

Thanks,
Grant

Hi Guys,

I can’t get it to run in Houdini either - errors here :

[attachment=0]HoudiniDraftLaunchError.png[/attachment]

The Deadline Console never receives any messages.

Let me know what to try next - thanks!

Hey Rob,

Could you actually try the Houdini Monitor submitter not the integrated one. That one should print any errors to the deadline console.

Grant

Hi Grant,

That makes more sense, sorry about that, need more coffee. :slight_smile:

Here is what happens using the Monitor :

[attachment=0]SubmitterHoudiniDraftLaunchError.png[/attachment]

Nothing more useful in the Console unfortunately. I will try with another user / machine and let you know.

Thanks!

Same line 25 error with different user on different host.

Hey Rob,

I have a couple more things to test for this to hopefully be able to get to the bottom of this. First of all can you try running the attached script through deadline command. This can be done by opening a terminal and then running “/DeadlineCommand.exe -ExecuteScript draftImportTest.py”. This should be importing draft and printing out some extra information for importing draft.

The other thing to test is to remove Deadline from the equation to make sure it can be imported separately this can be done by opening python in the directory \draft\Windows\64bit and then running the line “import Draft”

Grant
draftImportTest.zip (466 Bytes)

Hi Grant,

We have errors for both tests :

C:\Users\robaitchison>"c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin\deadlinecommand.exe" -ExecuteScript draftImportTest.py
SYSTEM PATH:[u'c:\\Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\bin', u'c:\\Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\bin\\UI', u'C:\\Users\\robaitchison\\AppData\\Local\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\pythonAPIs\\2016-12-06T
012238.0000000Z', u'N:/projects/dinodana/shotgun_configuration/install/core/python', u'c:\\Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\bin\\lib\\site-packages', 'X:\\tools\\sinking_ship\\maya\\scripts', 'c:\\
Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\bin\\python27.zip', 'c:\\Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\bin\\DLLs', 'c:\\Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\bin\\lib', 'c:\\Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8
\\bin\\lib\\plat-win', 'c:\\Program Files\\Thinkbox\\Deadline8\\bin\\lib\\lib-tk', 'C:\\Windows\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework64\\v4.0.30319\\', u'\\\\unicron\\deadline8\\submission/Draft/Main', u'\\\\unic
ron\\deadline8\\draft\\Windows\\64bit', u'\\\\unicron\\deadline8\\events/DraftEventPlugin/DraftQuickSubmission']
PYTHONPATH: \\unicron\deadline8\draft\Windows\64bit;c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin;c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin\UI;C:\Users\robaitchison\AppData\Local\Thinkbox\Deadline8\pythonAPIs
\2016-12-06T012238.0000000Z;N:/projects/dinodana/shotgun_configuration/install/core/python;c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin\lib\site-packages;X:\tools\sinking_ship\maya\scripts;c:\Program Files
\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin\python27.zip;c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin\DLLs;c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin\lib;c:\Program Files\Thinkbox\Deadline8\bin\lib\plat-win;c:\Program Files\Thin
kbox\Deadline8\bin\lib\lib-tk;C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\;\\unicron\deadline8\submission/Draft/Main;\\unicron\deadline8\draft\Windows\64bit;\\unicron\deadline8\events/DraftEventPl
ugin/DraftQuickSubmission
Error: ImportError : DLL load failed: An internal error occurred.
  File "C:\Users\robaitchison\draftImportTest.py", line 21, in __main__
    import Draft

U:\draft\Windows\64bit>python
Python 2.7.10 (default, May 23 2015, 09:44:00) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import Draft
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: An internal error occurred.
>>>

Let me know what to try next - cheers!

I think this might be due to runtimes being missing. The installers should put those in place for you. Would you be willing to run the client installer on one of the machines to see if it clears things up?

Hi Edwin,

Sure, which installer should I run?

Thanks!

Privacy | Site terms | Cookie preferences